Mar 17

Rick Genest, AKA Zombie Boy, is transforming his body into the living dead. He looks pretty badass.

Rick Murray, Zombie Boy (Tattoos)

Genest was inspired by horror movies, especially George A Romero’s films. In an interview with Bizarre magazine, he explains his motivation. “I thought long and hard about what I really wanted, what my passion was. And I decided I wanted to be a fucking zombie.”

He’s really lucid about his ongoing tattoo project — which may eventually include tattooing the whites of his eyes and removing an ear — and overall, sounds like a pretty cool guy. Check out the article in Bizarre for the full interview and lots more photos.

Oddly enough, I found Zombie Boy online while researching train trips to St. Augustine. Zombies are everywhere. (But if you know a good way to get to St. Augustine by train, let me know.)

Note: This post was edited on 4/26/2011 to correct Genest’s name, which we erroneously had as Murray.

16 Responses to “Zombie Boy, the Tattooed Living Dead”

1. [...] Rick Murray: “Zombie Boy” (thanks to CarnageCake) [...]

2. Nicole says:

that is so kool i love it

3. leon says:

Thats really trippy. Scary aswell.

4. Chad says:

This guy looks mental but read his interview seems in somewhat right state of mind. Maybe not who knows he was talking about removing his nose and ears and tattooing his eyeballs black. You can call that mentally ill i guess.

5. Toby says:

I guess he’s straight. Shame.. love to go to bed with him……

6. Victoria says:

The cheapest way to get facial and body deconstruction for you would be to join the marine core. You will be promptly sent to Iraq or Afghanistan on the front lines. If you are lucky (for your reasons and purpose) you will meet an explosive that will leave shrapnel wounds to most of your body. You may even lose an appendage in this process. Imagine this is all for free! If you happen to survive this;request no plastic surgery. This experience will also give you the right to say you basically are the walking dead. Hope this helps in your journey.
    May God show you what and where true Zombies are.

7. Joeb says:

does he like turtles?

8. Smook says:

I’m afraid the first thought I had was that it must be very distressing to see your child looking like the walking dead. I mean, kudos to him for following his dream and I am amazed that he’s had such dedication to it, but I still feel a little sad about the idea that no one will ever see what he could have looked like without the tattoos.

9. Buzzad says:

Marine “Core”??? Really? How can you presume to know whether people in the Marine Corps who’ve suffered combat related injuries feel like “zombies” or “the walking dead” when you , literally, can’t even spell it?

10. [...] first blogged about Rick Genest, aka Zombie Boy, two years ago. Then, the story was about his amazing full-body zombie tattoos and body modifications. The man has [...]

11. Wilbur Landen says:

Many patients have had low cost dental work in Turkey and their stories seem to be very positive.Dental clinics and the dentists in them seem to be A1 in Turkey.Cosmetic Dentistry appears very cutting edge in Tukey currentley.

12. i hope you will share again

13. Cara cepat hamil dan tips cepat hamil buat para calon Bunda yang ingin segera hamil dan cepat punya anak, dibawakan oleh: dr. Rosdiana Ramli, SpOG

14. Thank you for sharing excellent informations. Your web-site is very cool. I am impressed by the details that you have on this web site. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject.

15. Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in your post seem to be running off the screen in Ie. I’m not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with internet browser compatibility but I figured I’d post to let you know. The design and style look great though! Hope you get the issue resolved soon. Many thanks