It’s always important to know how zombies behave in a fictional universe. The official Walking Dead twitter account published these illuminating “official” zombie rules last week:
- Zombie Rule #1: Ability to run is based on the amount of time a zombie has been undead, and how much decay has set in.
- Zombie Rule #2: Zombies decay but at a much slower rate than humans, and it’s still possible to differentiate between young and old zombies.
- Zombie Rule #3: Zombies are like lions: if they’ve eaten, you can walk by them without fear, but a pack of hungry zombies will attack you.
- Zombie Rule #4: The quickest speed of any zombie is a shambling run. see Night of the Living Dead. NO sprinters exist.
- Zombie Rule #5: Zombies are not dexterous. They cannot pick up or use any items more complex than a rock or a stick.
- Zombie Rule #6: Zombies have poor eyesight but they do have a strong sense of smell.